did you know that
1) a part of the corporation Union Carbide which owned the plant that causes bhopal gas tragedy has being renamed as eveready insutries(whose cells we all use) so as to make people forget their anger for Union Carbide and still sell their products.
2) the ceo of union carbide at that time has still not been extradited from US.
3) the governement of india was confered the right by the courts to fight for the bhopal citizens and insted of the 3.3 billion initial compensation demand, they settled for 470 million.
4) the plant in bhopal still lies polluted with the pollutants seeping into the groundwater.
5) dow industries with which UC merged refused to accept any responsibility now for this event.
6) dow chemicals has an ad campaign sayin there should be a human element like all the other elements and in this campaign has done philanthrophic work in bombay, while at the same time this is the company which produced dangerous chemicals like napalm nd agent orange used in vietnam war...tats called hypocrisy.
7) Sunil Kumar, a Bhopal gas survivor (who lost his parents and five siblings in the tragedy) who worked tirelessly with the international campaign for justice on Bhopal, committed suicide recently. Thousands of other survivors suffer psychological afflictions, but there are no provisions for the treatment of mental health problems as a consequence of the gas disaster.
read sunil kumars story on http://www.infochangeindia.org/features384.jsp and plant a tree in his memory on 27th september every year.